Form A - B - Business Information & Other Business Registrations
- Section A. Business Information
- Section B. Other Business Registrations
Section A. Business Information
1. In #1, should I register as a "Prime contractor only", "Prime contractor and subcontractor", or "Subcontractor only"?
These options determine which portions of the IPG application are required, and how your company will appear in public searches of registered vendors.
- If you want to contract directly with the State, but do not want to be contacted by other vendors for subcontracting opportunities, select "Prime contractor only".
- If you do not want to contract directly with the State, but you are interested in subcontracting opportunities, select "Subcontractor only".
- If you would like to be considered for direct contracts with the State and subcontracting opportunities, select "Prime contractor and subcontractor".
NOTE: Small businesses in the Small Business Set-Aside Program (SBSP) must select either "Prime contractor only" or "Prime contractor and subcontractor".
Section B. Other Business Registrations
2. What box(es) should I check? What do the different options mean?
If you are currently registered or certified in any of the Illinois programs listed, select all boxes that apply. If marked, the State will validate that you are in the program, and your business will be listed as a program participant in IPG searches. NOTE: The federal government, as well as other state and local governments, have similar programs. Only select options in Form B if you are currently registered or certified in the State of Illinois programs.
3. What renewal/expiration date should I enter and what document should I attach?
For each program selected (excluding State Use Program), you must attach the letter of approval from the Illinois program that indicates a future expiration or renewal date. For BEP, VOSB, and SDVOSB, this is a letter from the Illinois Department of Central Management Services (CMS). For SBSP, this is a letter from the Chief Procurement Office. The renewal/expiration date entered must match the renewal/expiration date per the attached letter.
4. My business is not registered in any of the programs. Should I register in any of the programs? Do I qualify? How do I register?
If qualified for one or more programs, you should register. These programs provide contracting and subcontracting opportunities and preferences that are only available to program participants, including the following benefits:
- Small Business Set-Aside Program (SBSP): All State contracts below a certain dollar threshold, and all State contracts for certain types of goods and services, are set aside for SBSP participants. As a participant, you only compete with other small businesses to receive set-aside contracts.
- Business Enterprise Program (BEP): The State places BEP participation goals on many of its solicitations. To be considered for a contract, prime contractors must demonstrate good faith efforts to meet the goal by partnering or subcontracting with BEP participants. BEP participants may also meet the goal as prime contractors themselves.
- Veteran Business Program (VOSB and SDVOSB): The State places Veteran participation goals (separate from BEP goals) on many of its solicitations. To be considered for a contract, prime contractors must demonstrate good faith efforts to meet the goal by partnering or subcontracting with VOSB or SDVOSB participants. VOSB and SDVOSB participants may also meet the goal as prime contractors themselves.
- State Use Program: State agencies and universities are able to contract with State Use Program participants without competitively soliciting contracts, subject to various guidelines.
Visit the Department of Central Management Services website to determine program eligibility requirements and to register in the BEP, Veteran or State Use programs. To register as a new participant in the Small Business Set-Aside Program, review the instructions in Form C of the IPG registration. If you qualify, select "Yes" in Form C and provide required information.